Gold Medal Park Conservancy
The Conservancy is a private, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) foundation formed in 2006. The Conservancy’s mission is to develop and maintain Gold Medal Park and similar urban spaces near the central Mississippi riverfront. We seek to broaden participation in supporting and maintaining the park, to secure and strengthen its positive impact on our community well into the future.
Board of Directors
- William McGuire, GMPC President and Founder; Owner, Minnesota
United F C
- Nadine McGuire, GMPC Treasurer and Founder
- Wendy Nelson, Vice Chair, Carlson Family Foundation; Director, The Rezidor Hotel Group and Carlson; Past Board Chair, Guthrie Theater
- Paul Reyelts, GMPC Vice President; Chair, RiverFirst/Water Works Capital Campaign
- Catherine Rydell, Executive Director and CEO, American Academy of Neurology
- Ken Searl, Director, Mill City Commons, Mill City Neighborhood Association and Friends of the Mill District
- Mark Wilson, GMPC Secretary; Past Board Chair, The Saint Paul Foundation and Minnesota Community Foundation
2006 Gold Medal Park Conservancy formed. McGuire family funds initial development.
2007 Gold Medal Park opens.
2014 Conservancy establishes seven member community board and acquires Guthrie parkland.
2015 Three sculptures from Walker Sculpture Garden are relocated to Gold Medal Park.